Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ultralight Backpacking List 3 days 10 pounds

Ultralight Backpacking List 3 days 10 pounds Here's an ultralight backpacking list, an example of what I usually on a weekend excursion. We are all in our different needs and abilities, however, please do not take as a recommendation. My list, with weights (not to wear what I start): * GoLite Breeze Backpack: 12 oz * Weste Mountaineering Bag: 17 oz * Nylon tarp: 17 oz * Frogger Toggs Rain Jacket: 7 oz * Ground Sheet: 2 ounces * Sleeping Pad: 4 ounces * bathroom accessories: 3 ounces * First Aid Kit: 3 ounces * knife, lighter, Etc: 3 ounces * Hat: 1 ounces * Gloves: 1 ounces * Poly Vest: 4 ounces * Socks, 2 Pair : * 2 ounces T-shirt, long sleeve 6 oz * Camera: 5 ounces * Light: 1 ounces * Water: * 16 oz raw sunflower seeds: 16 oz * Fudge-dipped granola bars (8): 16 oz * Tortilla Chips: 16 ouncesTOTAL Weight: 9 kg, 8 ouncesThis summer backpacking is a list, but it is surprising that my sleeping bag 17 ounces has kept me warm below freezing. Food brings more than 6700 calories, and tend to eat lots of fruits. The iodine tablets to purify water in my first aid kit and, often, to keep refilling the plastic water bottle.This is not an exercise in disadvantaged areas. I have also done, with only one plastic bag for sleeping and a few granola bars. This list is what I need for comfort, warmth and security. It is actually very easy to walk twenty miles through the mountains, with less than ten pounds on my back. With the right skills, equipment and preparation, ultralight backpacking is not about suffering.Steve Gillman is a long time Backpacker, and advocate of lightweight backpacking. His advice and stories can be found at

No comments:

Post a Comment