Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A victim of ticket scalping

A victim of ticket scalping I admit it. Many, many years ago I bought a ticket from a ticket scalping outside Texas Stadium. If I remember correctly, I have $ 70 for a ticket with a face value of about $ 15. As I was told by many, many years, and I was young and naive.At time I felt relieved to have a ticket. The game was sold, but once I have my own place, I felt betrayed. Let's just say it was a very bad places. One of the worst in the house to be sure, but still good enough for me to see, visit the Chicago Bears 44-0 destroy Dallas! My bad experience aside, many fans see as the scalp only way to sold-out events. In the worst cases they ticket scalping low-level, victims crime.I it can be assumed that the facts show otherwise.Investigative reports across the country have discovered, well-organized groups of professionals ticket scalping, control at the level of sales tickets in many major league sports town. Often these men have ties to organized crime and the long criminal record. As experienced criminals are prepared to threaten a customer or tu violent when a transaction is not their way.Certainly not seen Hawking scalp tickets outside the local level fall into this category, but the threat is very real and very different . Using techniques, these groups to purchase the season ticket-card, ticket agencies, and the team at the box office. In some cases you are working in close collaboration with the team for a constant supply of tickets. They also demand aggressive fans who buy tickets for spare parts at discounted prices.Sadly typical fan literally on the outside looking in. Fans, the tickets are no longer able to through traditional channels are forced to deal with these groups if they want to see a lot in person.As always be avoided, I recommend the scalp, if possible. I agree that may, in certain situations, if no other choice, but not make it a habit. I think there are too many risks, and it is also possible tickets for any event without them, until you are ready, a little 'effort in it.With that if you choose out of the stadium, thought Please Note that you have to do. This person may be a convicted drug dealer, thief, or worse still, a violent criminal. Moreover, he may have ties to organized crime. Especially with common sense and caution.I 'sure that most fans who have tickets from a scalp not suffer the level of "buyer remorse for the" I felt inside Texas Stadium, and not something close to assault and battery. However, threats, intimidation and violence have become part of the ticket scalping business in many cities, so be careful out there and remember - caveat emptor or "Let the buyer beware!" Jeff Howard publishes Sports Ticket Secrets Tip Sheet, a monthly newsletter with tips, information and advice for sports fans who are tired of being the 'big' games on TV . To register and get a preview of its latest publication, "Super Bowl Ticket Secrets" visit

No comments:

Post a Comment